Message from the East
I hope 2019 is treating you well. Even though it might be cold outside, know that spring is getting closer.
This month, we will host our first youth group for the year. The young ladies from Harrisburg Area Assembly #85, International Order of the Rainbow for Girls will be giving an exemplification, and educating us about their Order. Some items of note about this program:
- The program will be presented before the Lodge is opened for business as not to keep them out late on a school night.
- Spouses and children of the brethren are invited to join us at the dinner before the meeting, as well as to come into the Lodge room to see the program. Please inform the Secretary if they will be joining us for dinner, so that we can plan accordingly.
For those you who are working on the Master Builder, Craftsman, or Pillar awards, you will have the opportunity to knock several items off your list in the next few months:
- We will continue to travel to neighboring Lodges. This will be a year-long program, and I will continue to update the calendar with dates and locations throughout the year.
- The Academy of Masonic Knowledge is meeting on 3/16 in Elizabethtown.
- We will start visiting youth groups in April.
I encourage everyone to participate in this award program. If you have any questions about these programs, please contact me.
Jonathan E. Nalepka, W.M.